E. L. Kersten on 31 Jan 2001 01:17:01 -0000

Re: [rohrpost] :-(

> > http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/hps-30.01.01-000/
>
> das ist sicher mal wieder ein Kunstprojekt -- ein tolles
dazu.

> Zumindest legt deren Homepage diesen Schluss nahe.

http://www.despair.com/demotivators/frownonthis.html

<quote>
At a press conference, Despair's COO, Dr. E.L.Kersten,
announced his intentions to sue "anyone and everyone who
uses the so-called 'frowny' emoticon, or our trademarked
logo, in their written email correspondence. Ever."
[...]
Kersten concluded the already baffling conference with yet
another surprise announcement. He is seriously consideration
[sic!] to changing his name from Edward Lawrence Kersten to
simply ":-(".
"The idea of having a name which so succinctly symbolizes
unhappiness has enormous appeal to me."
Kersten said he had made no firm decisions yet but warned
reporters not to plan to call him "the C.O.O. formerly known
as Kersten" if he decided upon the change.
<quote>

Mir gäbet nix!