office on Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:58:23 +0100 (CET)

[oldboys] Deadline Extended- 'OLDENBURG-REICHE PRIZE

MARS PATENT 's Competition 2004 / 2005

'OLDENBURG-REICHE PRIZE'

Deadline extended to May31, 2005
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

MARS PATENT 's 'OLDENBURG-REICHE PRIZE'
* We're extending the deadline for submissions
to the 'OLDENBURG-REICHE PRIZE'  Competition 2004 / 2005
to May  31, 2005
to make sure that we've given participants adequate time to develop
their works, particularly considering the  discussions on the participation
of avatars that have taken place over the past couple of weeks.

* If you've already submitted a  response to the  'OLDENBURG-REICHE PRIZE',
it 's NOT
necessary to resubmit, but you can, if you wish to send an updated version.

*  We have a lot of respect for all of the judges involved in the Grand
Jury, and we're grateful to them for taking the time to vote on the
submissions. We think they'll do a great job of finding the most convincing
answer to the question: how does the High Reality Machine HRM_1.0n work?

See the submissions by

Lowry Burgess
Joan Bucking
Paula Hasenzuckers von Zuckerhasen
Naomi  Nooteboom
Eugenia Gortchakova

already presented on the website

http://www.mars-patent.org/prize.htm

Thank you for participating

Rules and Information for the Competition 2004 / 2005

In 2004 the MARS PATENTıs founders Claudia Reiche and Helene von Oldenburg
agreed to underwrite a contest designed to prove that MARS PATENTıs
HRM_1.0n, the ³High Reality Machine² works and to explain its principle
functions.

Explain the High Reality Machine (HRM_1.0n)!

The authors pledged a Grand Prize of two polished brass plates for the first
scientist or artist whose solution is convincing to the MARS PATENTıs Grand
Jury. This Jury consists of 5 (five) randomly chosen members of the Friends
of the MARS PATENT with an international reputation and experiences as jury
or progamm committee members, chairs of institutions or else. This jury will
stay anonymous until the results of the reviewing process being declared to
guarantee their independency.

One brass plate with the engraved name of the winner will be teleported by
the HRM_1.0n to the Mars Exhibition site (MES), and fixed with 2 brass
screws on a beautiful rock on Mars, coordinates: Latitude 19° N, Longitude
281° E, facing south. The second brass plate will be given to the winner at
her or his free disposition. If there are two equally convincing
submissions, the female author will be declared winner.

Submissions should be e-mailed to: office@mars-patent.org The winner will be
notified as soon as possible and presented on the MARS PATENTıs website, as
will every submission to allow a public discussion of the submissions  and
the juryıs choice.

go: http://www.mars-patent.org

THE MARS PATENT
The first Interplanetarian Exhibition Space on Mars

Claudia Reiche
Helene von Oldenburg