constant_Imaginet on 16 Aug 2001 18:05:29 -0000

[oldboys] linux and free software freak

Dear OldBoys,
Hello there
I am looking for an Old Boy linux and free software freak to come to
Brussels (15-16-17 November) at the occasion of a workshop/meeting/symposium
we organise. ŒWeč are 3 non profit organisations: one is network for
womenčstudies (SOPHIA), one is a place where women without degrees are
trained to work with new technologies to find a job (INTERFACE3,
www.interface3.be), and the third one is a " media and art " organisation
(Constantvzw, www.constantvzw.com and www.constantvzw.com/cyberf.
After the Cyberfeminist working days we organised in October 2000, we decide
to bring together as you see: academic people, technicians, artists,
workers, people responsible for training program to think on: women and new
technology, great but in which condition, and what for. There will be here
campaigns to attract women to science and technology, we have to be ready to
demand not for the equality they prepare for us, but ask for something
different, technology can be used for something else that enter the
capitalist system as a Œpetite mainč, an old story for Oldboys, but we are
desperate for you to come here to tell that story.
There will be during these 3 days: workshops on technobiographies, and on
freesoftwares and linux, on hardware and software, on constructions and
analysing of images and data, there will be lectures, workshops and short
presentations, we Œll try to exchange experiment, words, strategies,
stories, knowledge between theses audiences (workers, technicians, artists,
academics), we will exchange learning and teaching.
In this perspective, we are looking for someone, to give workshop on linux
and free softwares, to explain that a politic point of view can begin from
the moment you enter a system, to talk about the issues of the market now,
who will be in contact with the teachers working at Interface 3 to define
the workshop.
Well if one of you is interested to come, we can talk longer on the way to
collaborate.
And if you know a woman whoŠ please send me the information.
Best regards
Laurence Rassel
info@constantvzw.com
http://www.constantvzw.com/cyberf

**  distributed via <oldboys list>: no commercial use without permission
**  <oldboys list> is an unmoderated mailing list for global cyberfeminism
**  to remove your address from the list, send a message to: