dsolomon on 11 Jul 2001 18:24:05 -0000

Re: [oldboys] re:HAL GALS = BIKE DRAWING CONTEXST?

Dear HAL Gals,

So maybe we could have a bike drawing stand/table/tent at the HAL?
And since we will have examples of the most masculine of men it will be
most interesting. I mean the tinkerers .....

I dont mean to imply that this is the only activity btw, just maybe ONE of
the many ; )

BTW, the 'bike test' TENDS to show that even very small boys are capable
of drawing a bike that WORKS whereas even grown women tend not to be able
to draw a working bike. When asked to draw a bike no man EVER  draws a
person on the bike whereas some women do.

bla
bla
bla

I tooke th etest and drew a useless set of lines even though I change my
own tires for years and ride a bike at least 45 minutes a day for the last
20 years.

My boyfriend's bike had a crankshaft , chain, and pedals and he knew that
the shape
of the bike was based on a series of triangles (even he could draw a girls
bike no prob).

Ooops, now I've given it all away. ; )

L,

**  distributed via <oldboys list>: no commercial use without permission
**  <oldboys list> is an unmoderated mailing list for global cyberfeminism
**  to remove your address from the list, send a message to: