Geert Lovink on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 09:01:46 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] big data guru cukier komt ideologie pushen

From: John Adams Institute <deuss@john-adams.nl>

Upcoming John Adams Institute event:

Kenneth Cukier - _Big Data: A Revolution that Will Transform How We
Live, Work and Think_

The huge amounts of data we produce are transforming the world and our
daily lives fundamentally. Kenneth Cukier, data-editor at _The
Economist_ and co-author of the successful book _Big Data: A Revolution
That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think_, compares the impact
of big data with that of the printing press and the Gutenberg Bible.
Cukier was previously the technology editor of _The Wall Street Journal
and wrote for _The International Herald Tribune. _His newest
book, together with Viktor Mayer-SchÃnberger, appeared in Dutch by
Maven Publishing as _De big data-revolutie_.

In cooperation with: The U.S. Embassy and Pakhuis de Zwijger
Moderator: Tracy Metz
Tickets:JAI Members â7,50 | Non Members â10,-

DATE: 6 November 2015
TIME: 8pm
LOCATION: Pakhuis de Zwijger, Piet Heinkade 179, Amsterdam