Geert Lovink on Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:37:05 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] UITNODIGING VOOR DE OPENING VAN 'Robert Smithson ­ Broken Circle/Spiral Hill (1971-2011)' in Emmen op zaterdag 17 september

Amsterdam / Emmen (Drenthe, the Netherlands), September 6, 2011

On behalf of SKOR | Foundation for Art and Public Domain, the Centre for Visual Arts Emmen and Land Art Contemporary it is my pleasure to invite you for the opening program of ‘Robert Smithson – Broken Circle/ Spiral Hill (1971-2011)’ in Emmen, the Netherlands on September 17, 2011.

On the opening day, the video ‘BREAKING GROUND: BROKEN CIRCLE/SPIRAL HILL (1971-2011)' will have its World Premiere. This video is a collaboration between Nancy Holt and curator Theo Tegelaers (SKOR | Foundation for Art and Public Domain). Please find the Opening Program details below.

Both Nancy Holt and Elyse Goldberg (Director of The Estate of Robert Smithson) will be present at the Opening, and they are looking forward to meeting you in Emmen.

We would be very pleased if you could confirm your presence, by contacting the Centre for Visual Arts (CBK) Emmen on +31 (0) 591 685820 or cbk@emmen.nl. We do hope that you will accept our invitation and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Reyn van der Lugt
Chairman of Land Art Contemporary
www.landartcontemporary.nl

Opening Program Saturday September 17, 2011

11.30  pm
Brunch Reception and opening at Centrum Beeldende Kunst Emmen (Centre For Visual Arts)
De Fabriek, Ermerweg 88b, Emmen

12.15 pm
Welcome by Hannie Rijnierse, Centrum Beeldende Kunst Emmen
Speakers: Henk Jumelet, Alderman for Culture of the Municipality Emmen;
Reyn van der Lugt, Chairman of Land Art Contemporary; Roel Arkesteijn, Guest Curator
Centrum Beeldende Kunst Emmen

01.30 pm
Departure by bus to cinema Utopolis – Westeind 70,  Emmen

01.45 pm
World Premiere video ‘BREAKING GROUND: BROKEN CIRCLE/SPIRAL HILL (1971-2011)’
Speakers:
Rein Munniksma, Delegate for Culture, Nature and Landscape Province of Drenthe;
Introduction by Nancy Holt

02.45 pm
Departure by bus to Broken Circle/Spiral Hill
Fa. de Boer, Emmerhoutstraat 150, Emmen

04.00 pm
Return to Centrum Beeldende Kunst Emmen by bus.
Exhibition ‘Robert Smithson in Emmen. Broken Circle/Spiral Hill Revisited’
Exhibition ‘The Ultraperiferic’

04.15 pm
Drinks

05.30 pm
End

Address
Centre for Visual Art (CBK) Emmen
Ermerweg 88b (De Fabriek), Emmen, the Netherlands

Notice
In case you wish to attend the opening program, please send an email to cbk@emmen.nl

Press
For photographic material and press requests, please contact Nienke van Beers, via info@landartcontemporary.nl or +31(0)6 48460546

Sleep & Stay in Drenthe
In case you are planning a trip to Emmen and surroundings, we suggest you take a look at our selection of special accommodations, such as the STAR (train) wagon by Atelier van Lieshout, various Art Houses and comfortable hotels and B&B's.

Full program and accommodations on www.landartcontemporary.nl

Land Art Contemporary is a multiyear international program initiated by the LACDA foundation in Drenthe, curated by SKOR | Foundation for Art and Public Domain and financially supported by SKOR, the province of Drenthe, the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development: Europe Investing in Rural Areas (LEADER), the city of Coevorden, the city of Emmen, Cultuurfonds BNG and the Sanders-Ten Holte family.