A.Andreas on Fri, 13 May 2011 09:59:35 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Reclaim the Mind delayed

RECLAIM the MIND

Friction Research Issue #4, 2011

The Dutch governemental Art Council (Fonds BKVB) let me down, so there will be another couple of months finishing this

I will start with sequentially publishing the received submissions in reversed chronological order, that is the last received will be published first. That will keep the front page weekly chronological article going for about one year (49 x 7 - ca. 1/2 x 7 = 50/51 = 1)!

I will continue updating Friction Research issue #4 in it's prematurely digital disguise.

In the mean time I ask all our submitters to notify me of any possibility to raise some money for a future printed edition

In our call for submissions 28 September, 2010, we have invited artists, writers and academics to contribute to our call for works and to submit works, which reflects upon 'Reclaiming the Mind', in a broader sense, ranging from visuals, videos, musics, essays etc ...

Listed individuals and collectives answered our call and will be published in in the Spring 2011 issue of Nictoglobe Online Magazine as part of our 'Friction Research Series' [*]

It will take some time to sort out and prepare the final presentation of these great and divers submissions from a significant number of individuals and collectives who generously shared their efforts and thoughts

In preparation are two seperately planned series of public screenings of the substantial number of time/screen/lens based works received, due summer and autumn 2011

Scheduled publishing date: April 21, 2011 to be decided

Scheduled screening dates: Late summer & Early autumn 2011

[*] List is not definitive and can be changed in the future

Reclaim the Mind: a transmedial collaborative initiative exploring empty spots in the human mind

"When the possibility of expressing social reform vanishes, time has come to change our minds." [A.A. 2010] Censorship, Territorization, Mapping, Propaganda, Misconduct, Betrayal, Charlatanism, Mediocrity, Commercialized Education, Orthodoxy, Cultural Lobotomization, Zombie State Politics

Reclaiming the idiomatic resources, abused by the Creative Industries â and jeopardized by a majority of National Governments  and aiming to protect these souvereign incomprehensible treasures of mankind by

- occupying the area between 'reality' and 'truth',
- re-using forgotten (collective) memory-spaces,
- connecting mental processes with physical spaces,

and intentionally breaking seperations between established cultural and political domains by

- rewriting, tearing apart, scratching and stretching our lived environment in an effort to liberate our ursurpated sensibilities.

Andreas Maria Jacobs - Editor, Nictoglobe Online Magazine

Andreas Maria Jacobs

w: http://www.nictoglobe.com
w: http://burgerwaanzin.nl