Patrice Riemens on Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:24:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] Fwd: I-Phun from Pakistan

Zo, nu voor enig vertier. Pakistan Zindabad!
p+2D!
(meer interessants over de I-Phrutsel op die lijst maar ik wacht op
Jaromil's PTR...)

bwo Bricolabs lijst/ Attequa M.

In Pakistan if you get on a bus and  your phone rings, chances are in the
next 3 minutes it will be stolen from you.

The government is pressured by the mobile phone companies not to make laws
against hackers. This is the only way to capture a market where people
cannot afford to buy phones at the regular price so they buy stolen phones.

People here want their phones to be locked but hackers rule the market

If I get on the apple site, my complaint wont even be registered because
neither is my phone registered, it was dropped here by someone who visited
from far away and got it free with his phone line and probably the address I
give will not be recognized. Ours is the land of unregistered
products.............games, software, phones, movies

so who has more freedom?

all the best, hope to talk more soon!

Atteqa