Geert Dekkers on Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:28:23 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] nznl.com digest, Nov 08, 2007 - Nov 14, 2007

nznl.com digest
Nov 08, 2007 - Nov 14, 2007
Posts  1985 - 1991

http://nznl.com
rss http://nznl.com/geert/nznl.xml
macosx only screensaver at http://graphics.nznl.org/nznl_com_screensaver.dmg (>95MB)

1985. Nov 08, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (WHENEVER I FEEL)
flash movie

Vicki: "Whenever I feel I have nothing to say. Whenever I feel I have nothing to say, and you are with me. Whenever I feel I have nothing to say and you are with me, I recover."
Bruce: "I see you through your own eyes. What do I see through your eyes? I see the right shoulder, right side of the face. As you might picture yourself, slightly above and to the right of..."
Vicki: "I have been sitting here for some time. I got up this morning. I got up this morning but then realised I could do no more. I could do no more so I sat. And now I am still sitting, but I am talking. To you. You will save me."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071108

1986. Nov 09, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (YES, I SAY: YES)
flash movie

"Although I could not wish. Although I could not wish for more. But more I have. We have. I knew from the day we met. I knew on that morning, I perhaps already knew, as the sun blazed against the metal shielding, against the bare skin of my back, as I felt the sweat pearl on my back, as I felt the blaze on the back of my neck, the?"
"And I, standing, waiting on you, from some distance, at that moment still, seeing your figure, bending, bending forward, to unlock, bending forward in your summer dress, seeing the sweat pearl on your back, seeing you as your sweat dampens the - "
"Yes, I say: yes."
"Yes, I say: yes."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071109

1987. Nov 10, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (INTERLUDE)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071110

1988. Nov 11, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (HOLE)
flash movie

Bruce: "Filling holes. That's what it is like. It's filling holes that weren't there previously. Roads. When new, the road is smooth. But in using the road, holes occur. Wear. So holes occur. And a new profession arises, of hole-fillers. Jobs are created for hole-fillers, where first there were none."
Vicki: "I find that a very crude notion."
Bruce: "But it's true. It's true. There are things that need to be described, named, by someone who sees more than others. Who are able to name what hitherto had been left unnamed. That person has a right to this place. This hole. The person may exploit this space. The hole he has named, and he may live in it."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071111

1989. Nov 12, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (GUILT)
flash movie

Vicki: "Come closer. Let us talk."
Bruce: "I wish I could be more honest."
Vicki: "You are honest enough for me."
Bruce: "When I was trying to become an artist, I felt very guilty. I don't know what I thought I was guilty of, and I remember spending endless, endless sessions trying to discover what was causing my unease and my guilt. I think I may have spent more time worrying about my guilt than I spent doing my paintings. Being a churchgoer as a child, I often went to a nearby chapel when the pressures of my guilt drove me out of my studio. There, I felt a strong connection with the pastor, a slender, pale man in his sixties, with hollow cheeks, dressed, strangely, not in the usual black garments, but in jeans, a fisherman's vest, and always wearing a felt hat, even indoors. It was as if he and I shared some common societal role, both being outcasts, but both being revered."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071112

1990. Nov 13, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (INTERLUDE)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071113

1991. Nov 14, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (YOU WOULD CRAWL)
flash movie

Vicki: "I would crawl. To you."
Bruce: "You would slip off your chair. On your haunches, you would stay, a while. You have on: your pinkish white dress, the one with the little flowers. You are decent, even though I see your thighs, white and slightly plump, as I imagine they would be."
Vicki: "My head would be bowed, my hair, my hair is lighter than it really is, longer than it really is, uncombed, disheveled, over my face, I look down, I look down, staring, a tired stare, as if after a struggle."
Bruce: "I would whisper: come. And you would come."
Vicki: "I would come. But I would come slowly. I would loosen the tension, loosen the tension, I would let myself, I would lower myself, I would lower myself to you."
Bruce: "You would let yourself, you would lower yourself, you would slide your body, you would slide your body to the floor, to the cool, hard floor, you would feel the cool of the floor, through your summer dress, you would press, you would press your hands, you would press the palms of your hands, you would press the palms of your hands to the floor, and push, and pull. And push. You would crawl. To me."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071114

Geert Dekkers--------------------------- http://nznl.com | http://nznl.org | http://nznl.net ---------------------------------------