Geert Dekkers on Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:36:25 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] nznl.com digest, Oct 04, 2007 - Oct 10, 2007

nznl.com digest
Oct 04, 2007 - Oct 10, 2007
Posts  1944 - 1950

http://nznl.com
rss http://nznl.com/geert/nznl.xml
macosx only screensaver at http://graphics.nznl.org/ nznl_com_screensaver.dmg (>95MB)

1944. Oct 04, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (CLOSE)
flash movie
#!/usr/bin/env bash
say -v Vicki "I don't really feel comfortable about your proximity."
say -v Bruce "You don't feel comfortable about me standing so close to you?"
say -v Vicki "No I don't feel as comfortable as I think I should."
say -v Bruce "I am standing very close to you."
say -v Vicki "Yes, you are. Your lips are very close to my lips."
say -v Bruce "And my toes are very close to your toes."
say -v Vicki "Yes."
say -v Bruce "Yes. And my axis is very close to your axis"
say -v Vicki "Yes. Yes."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071004

1945. Oct 05, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (INTERLUDE)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071005

1946. Oct 06, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (LET MY FLOW INTO YOU)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071006

1947. Oct 07, 2007
INTERLUDE, 2010, INTERLUDE
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071007

1948. Oct 08, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (I WOULD LIKE TO STAY WITH YOU)
flash movie
I would like to stay with you. I would like to fill your need. I would like to crawl up your walls. To enter your interiors. To crawl within your confines. To enter your cracks en eddy through your slightest spaces. To press through your tubes. To generate your power. To generate your power. To generate your power.
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071008

1949. Oct 09, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, I THOUGHT I WANTED TO BECOME AN ARTIST)
flash movie
When I was younger, I thought I wanted to become an artist. So I wondered, how to become an artist? I thought I might do well to copy an artist in order to become an artist, myself. I would read the books she would read, I would go to all the right parties, I would meet all the right people. And I would analyze art. But how to analyze art? Perhaps, I thought, I should trace the creative process in the artist, take the process apart until I reached its most atomic elements, then put it all back together again. So I did. I asked the artist to explain to me what was happening while she was creating the art, as she was creating it. I asked her to create five works of art in an empty space lit by red, green, and blue theatre lights. And as she was creating, and I was asking questions, I had a cameraman film us. And I had a director, who told us what the points of interest were.
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071009

1950. Oct 10, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (I WANTED TO PLAY FOOTBALL FOR THE COACH)
flash movie

You know, when I was a young man in high school,
Believe it or not, I wanted to play football for the coach.
And all those older guys,
they said he was mean and cruel, but you know,
I wanted to play football for the coach.
They said I was to little, too light-weight to play line-backer,
so I say I'm playing right-end.
I wanted to play football for the coach.
Because, you know some day,
you've got to stand up straight less you may fall,
And then you're going to die.
And the straightest dude,
I ever knew, was standing right before me all the time.
So I had to play football for the coach,
and I wanted to play football for the coach.

Glory of love, the glory of love, the
glory of love, just might come through.

http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071010

Geert Dekkers--------------------------- http://nznl.com | http://nznl.org | http://nznl.net ---------------------------------------