e . deen on Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:38:49 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] symposium SMCS

A R T I S T S’   S T R A T E G I E S   I N   P U B L I C   S P A C E
symposium
Friday  December 2, 2005
10.30 -17.00
Stedelijk Museum CS

Artworks hit the street in a wide variety of ways. Artists harbour
diverging intentions when they work in public space. This symposium
will offer a range of positions and possibilities by and for artists
that enter the arena of the uninvited visitor. Artists will talk about
the context their work has to deal with, the role they want it to play
and the effect, if any, they want it to have. The issue is the theory
of the practice of art in public, and by focussing on specific works
the practice of this theory should become visible.

The following artists will present their work:
Dennis Adams
Lara Almarcegui
Jeanne van Heeswijk
Hans van Houwelingen
Architecture of Interaction
Superflex
Barbara Visser

(part of: Gerrit Rietveld academie/Sandberg Instituut, Amsterdam
University)
partners: SKOR, Virtueel Museum Zuidas
together with Karen Lancel, and Stedelijk Museum

reservation : www.stedelijk.nl