matthew fuller on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:24:58 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] 9/11/2004/rotterdam: exercise#2

exercise #2
dance   ~ jenny beyer
sound   ~ elpueblodechina
visuals ~ tatibrazil

museum boijmans van beuningen
9/11/2004
23:00 hrs

exercise#2 mixing

a mix/ of sentences from meditation II of descartes
(difference
between body and soul) and sentences from humans
rights watch:

I thought that I possessed hands, arms, and all the
fabric that appears in
which I called by the name of body.

using a remote control detonator, he blew up two
female who had explosives
strapped to their bodies.

I was nourished, I walked, perceived, and thought;

she was beaten with the butts of their rifles, and
raped.

and all those actions I referred to the soul;

After raping her, the rebels tied her down and placed
burning charcoal on
her body

body; that can be perceived either by touch, sight,
hearing, taste, or
smell; that can be moved in different ways

I know you are asking yourself what in the world this
has to do with you.
/a mix

b mix

body; that can be perceived either by touch, sight,
hearing, taste, or
smell; that can be moved in different ways,

people fleeing in boats
physical attacks on migrants
denied the freedom of migration
Trafficking of Women and Girls