geert lovink on Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:30:22 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] E-democracy gathering - Mon Feb 9 - Amsterdam

If you can't make it, but would like to stay in the loop on my future
visits to the Netherlands, please join my new low volume e-list:
do-nl-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

And for those not members of my 2500+ person, 75+ country DoWire
list, more information is located at:  http://www.dowire.org

Cheers,
Steven Clift
http://www.publicus.net

P.S. If you have a pre-event comment on any of my questions below,
drop me a note: clift@publicus.net

Democracies Online Gatherings Next Week
---------------------------------------

** Amsterdam **

12:00-14:00, Monday, February 9 - Cafe in De Waag

Join fellow e-democracy/e-community/e-society folks for an informal
conversation over lunch in the _cafe_ at De Waag
<http://www.indewaag.nl> organized by Steven Clift
<http://publicus.net>.

Bring your own topic or join us to help answer these questions:

1. What emerging Dutch open source tools offer value to e-democracy/
e-community around the world?

2. E-government and democracy, is The Netherlands, far ahead or
falling behind with e-democracy?

3. Local e-communities in Amsterdam, does geography matter online?

4. E-politics, will social networking and blogs transform
campaigning,
political parties, and activism?

-> Space is limited. RSVP _required_ by Sat Feb 7 to:
          clift@publicus.net, s.lenos@publiek-politiek.nl

For more information on DoWire - the Democracies Online Newswire:
http://www.dowire.org

To receive updates on this event and future DoWire communication
related to visits in The Netherlands, send an e-mail:
do-nl-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

** Brussels **

18:00 - 22:00, Wednesday, February 11 - Vert De Gris, Rue des
Alexiens 63, Brussels

Join a mix of Belgian and European e-democracy/e-government leaders
over drinks and dinner (optional) at Vert De Gris
<http://www.vertdegris.be>.

I'll <http://publicus.net> be spending much of the day with folks
from
<http://www.i-merge.net> and the Belgian e-government crowd followed
by a EU-hosted eDemocracy Seminar <http://snipurl.com/3uac> on
Thursday and Friday.  I've received RSVPs for this small gathering
from Ireland and Germany already, so join us.

RSVP by Monday, February 9 to: clift@publicus.net

Also, please join my contact e-mail list for Brussels/the EU for
future event/gathering updates: do-eu-subscribe@yahoogroups.com