Ine Poppe on Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:01:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] BBC radio4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/themessage.shtml

The Message is Radio 4's weekly eye on the media. Every Friday, the rules
are reversed as journalists, producers and writers are put under the
spotlight and challenged to explain themselves

Watching us, watching you
Being watched is an accepted part of life.
We are the most monitored country in Europe, there are few public places
where CCTV cameras are not watching our every move, and television has
become the medium through which we deliver messages about who and what we are.
But who holds the power? Can television really offer people a voice, or
does it simply make a spectacle of them?