Michael van Eeden on Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:18:04 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Fwd: Re: <<strategies>> email rights threatenend?

gepost voor evel@xs4all.nl, heeft ook bounce-problemen met nettime-nl.
- michael@factory.org

Date sent:              Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:55:29 -0500
To:                     strategies@lists.myspinach.org
From:                   Michael Eisenmenger <eisenmen@tao.ca>
Subject:                Re: <<strategies>> email rights threatenend?
Send reply to:          strategies@lists.myspinach.org

I would be cautious about laying blame for internet interruptions, at
least for those originating in the NYC area. Phone lines and
dedicated internet connections were and still are experiencing
outages. Some major fiber trunks passed near the WTC and are likely a
mess. My guess is that many major phone company switches and trunks
were damaged too. We've had many problems with ISP dialups in the NYC
area, though most are coming back up now. In our case, our own
offices (located about four blocks south of the WTC) are still
without power or phones so all our servers are down (of course we
also can't get anywhere near there anyway).

take care,

Michael