Zenon Panoussis on Thu, 17 May 2001 20:08:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] DDS mirror complete

After weeks of continuous downloading, my mirror of the DDS
user pages is now practically complete: 54.382 user sites are
mirrored.

As a side-result, I can also establish that Joost Flint's
"12.000-13.000 active user sites" was wishful thinking
(or a little white lie for the press and the investors? ).
There are exactly half as many active sites, 6.248 to be
precise, including all the sites that contain nothing but
a redirect.

A more detailed account and the entire list of active/empty
DDS sites can be found at http://dds.provocation.net/rst/
Since most of the users on the list have previously chosen
to not publish their URLs, and especially since a list like
this is a gold mine to spammers, I put the list behind a
password. You can log in with

  login:  authorised
  pwd:    oops

For the rest, I offered Joost Flint access to the site and
the possibility to react and possibly correct me before
releasing this publicly. My server log tells me that he
visited the site. However, he did not react.

oracle@everywhere: The ephemeral source of the eternal truth...