ricardo dominguez on Tue, 25 Mar 2003 07:43:01 +0100 (CET)

[nettime-lat] Join the VR Sit-In On the White House Today - March 22, 2003.

Join the VR Sit-In On the White House Today - March 22, 2003.

Starting at 10 AM - Washington D.C Time.

VR Sit-In Ends at Midnight - Washington D.C Time - March 24, 2003

Let your Machine march as you march in the Streets Today, Tommorrow and the
Next Day.

Ehippe Action Sponsored by the Electronic Disturbance Theater

http://www.thing.net/~rdom/ecd/bushwar/primary.html

or Better Yet Down Load the .zip file and Run the Action
>From Your Machine:

http://www.thing.net/~rdom/ecd/bushwar/bushwar.zip.

Then Click *primary.html* the Sit-In!

See YOU IN THE STREETS!!!

<<<CALL TO ACTION>>>

Call to Action for March 17-24-STOP THE WAR NOW!!!

UNLESS WE ACT IMMEDIATELY THOUSANDS WILL DIE IN A SENSELESS WAR ON IRAQ!!!

RECLAIM DEMOCRACY - STOP THE WAR NOW!!!

Nonviolent Direct Action throughout the city the week of March 17-24 to
RECLAIM DEMOCRACY, with Nonviolent Civil Disobedience actions at the Federal
Building on Monday, March 24 to STOP THE WAR!!!

A Call to Action from United for Peace and Justice, National Youth and
Student Peace Coalition, Iraq Pledge of Resistance, the National Peace Lobby
Project and American Friends Service Committee-TAO.

WAR IS NOT INEVITABLE! We Must Stop It Now. We call upon concerned citizens
in the city of Austin to take nonviolent direct action to stop this war!
Congress has the constitutional power to stop this war and has been silent.

WE DEMAND THAT CONGRESS: REPRESENT the will of the people, REPEAL Bush's war
authorization and RE-ALLOCATE our money to schools, jobs, health care and
other human needs.

While war is imminent we cannot rest. March 17 will begin a WEEK OF
NONVIOLENT DIRECT ACTION.  From March 17-24 we will take action throughout
Austin.  On Monday, March 24, we will GO TO THE FEDERAL BUILDING for a
Nonviolent Civil Disobedience Action.  We will fill the jails until they
answer the people's call for peace and justice!

LOBBY NOW: call, fax, and email the offices of John Cornyn (DC Phone:
202-224-2934, Fax: 202-228-2856, Local phone: 214-767-3000)  and Kay Bailey
Hutchison (DC Phone: 202-224-5922, DC Fax: 202-224-0776, Local Phone:
214-361-3500) on THURS or FRIDAY, March 13 and 14 and declare your
communities' intentions to take nonviolent direct action to hold them
accountable for this war.

March 15- MARCH 15: RALLY IN LARGE NUMBERS at 1 p.m. at the Capitol to
reclaim democracy and stop the war.

March 16-Bring yourself and your friends to Woolridge Square (9th and
Guadalupe) at 11 a.m. for an Affinity Group/SpokesCouncil Meeting to PLAN
and COORDINATE ACTIONS!  Followed by Nonviolent Civil Disobedience
preparatory meetings at 1 p.m. in the AFL-CIO Building at 11th and Lavaca to
PREPARE FOR CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE ACTIONS to stop the war!

March 17-24-Week of Nonviolent Direct Action throughout Austin

March 24-Nonviolent Civil Disobedience Action at the Federal Building to
DEMAND NO WAR ON IRAQ!

Together, we have the power to stop this war and change history!