busy //center 4 hardwired arts on Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:48:52 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> DESINFORMATION HIJACK at verybusy.org

DESINFORMATION HIJACK at verybusy.org

Stephan (Spiv) Schröder
busy staff (busy-owner@hgb-leipzig.de)

Leipzig, Germany Dec. 06.12.1999

Today, Dec. 6th, I got a mail from Bruce MacMillan, forwared from the
administrators of the universtity leipzig, forwared to the sysop on academy
for visual arts leipzig forwared to me. This mail telling, the domain
www.verybusy.org, I'm the administrator of, doing criminal activities
against criminal and civil law. Futhermore AT&T / IBM, who was informed by
MacMillan too, will take action against our University and the netart
domain www.verybusy.org.

In fact, the whole thing was get going by "Protocol X", that is part of
Stephan (Spiv) Schroeders netart work on verybusy.org and handles terms of
informationpower, explicit desinformation and the masspsychose of
nettransmitted information. The technical background is that simple, that
Spiv just recored the sound of his modem to realaudio, played that on the
www.verybusy.org entrypage and wrote
CONNECTION BACKTRACE COMPLETE ... TROJAN INSTALLED - YOU ARE BUSTED
delayed to the document.

In our digital information age, you've to think twice about the truth on
documents. Not only, digital information can be controled and manipulated,
the range is extended to manipulate the physical space and the people's
feelings - such as infecting them with definite fear.

happy y2K to all of them ;-)

here's the open letter to you:

CONNECTION BACKTRACE COMPLETE ... TROJAN INSTALLED - YOU ARE BUSTED

When I logged onto this site www.verybusy.org I was greeted with
the above message .

If this a joke I need to know immediately, and also reason why you
give this message. No action will be taken if this was a prank and
if NO TROJANS have been installed on any of our computers.

However

If this is NOT a joke and you have installed a trojan on my system,
you have engaged in criminal activities which you are liable to both
criminal and civil action. Being an ISP with AT&T and IBM Global
network, we together and/or separately with AT&T/IBM will take
every action possible against your University ,and/or your
organization, and/or individuals in management and/or those
responsible to the fullest extent of the law.

We await your urgent response, failing which legal action will be
taken as indicated above.

We include some log and reference files indicating that you own
the Class B IP range and domains covering the above site.

Bruce MacMillan
EastCapeNET
PO Box 27713
Greenacres 6057