nettime's_roving_reporter on Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:50:32 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> WTO digest (2)

From: John Armitage <john.armitage@unn.ac.uk>
Subject: FW: WTO Special Coverage! CORPORATE WATCH
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:52:46 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Cyber Society [mailto:CyberSociety-owner@listbot.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 1999 8:58 AM
To: Cyber Society
Subject: WTO Special Coverage! CORPORATE WATCH

Cyber Society - http://www.unn.ac.uk/cybersociety

Forward From: Corporate Watch [mailto:corpwatch@igc.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 1999 4:52 AM
To: corp-watchers@igc.topica.com
Subject: WTO Special Coverage!

[Moderator's note: the articles below on the Corporate Watch site will be
of particular interest to anyone on the Cyber Society list interested in
trade, technology, and intellectual property issues. John].

WHAT'S NEW ON CORPORATE WATCH
The Watchdog on the Web 		    <http://www.corpwatch.org>

November 17, 1999

OUR SPECIAL WTO SEATTLE COVERAGE BEGINS NOW!
http://www.corpwatch.org/feature/index.html

Who Owns the WTO?

When officials from 134 countries and tens of thousands of protestors
from around the world descend on Seattle later this month for the World
Trade Organization summit, Corporate Watch will be there.

We will be doing daily updates on the web as well as co-hosting World
Trade Watch, a nationally and internationally syndicated radio
broadcast. We are covering this historic summit because the decisions of
this world body affect our daily lives, from the air we breathe, to the
food we eat to our access to information.

Our special WTO coverage begins with "Who Owns the WTO?" We've put
together articles and fact sheets that look at who's who in the Seattle
Host Organization and others that follow the corporate money. Our
Feature includes:

7 Case studies on WTO rulings
7 What issues to watch for in Seattle
7 Actvist perspectives from around the world
7 Current News Stories...and more
7 Take Action! No New Round

We will update Corporate Watch daily from Seattle starting on Monday,
November 29th and running throughout the week. In addition to our
in-depth feature, you will be able to listen to the audio of World Trade
Watch Radio, get daily headlines and check out photos of breaking events
and protests.

So, go to the Feature, Who Owns the WTO? before the Seattle Round opens
and come back for daily coverage starting November 29th.

Look at the list of stations carrying World Trade Watch radio or contact
wtw@radioproject.org to find out how you can get us on your local
airwaves.

TAKE ACTION!
http://www.corpwatch.org/corner/alert/wto.html

Tell US Trade Representative Charlene Barshefsky to declare a
moratorium on further WTO negotiations. Citizens around the world are
demanding that the WTO review its decisions and repair damage they've
done to the environment and human rights. Add your voice, send a FREE
FAX today!

SUPPORT Corporate Watch:

We depend on donations from people like you.  Make a donation through
the web at https://swww.igc.apc.org/trac/donation.html

Or send us a tax deductible US bank check or international money order
in US dollars make out to TRAC/Tides to PO Box 29344, San Francisco, CA
94129.

###