RTMARK Admin on Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:20:48 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> WTO

The World Trade Organization is proud to announce its new official home
page, officially inaugurated just fifteen days before the "Millennium
Round" negotiations begin in Seattle.

RTMark agreed to donate their own URL, http://rtmark.com/, to house the
new WTO site for the next few weeks. All of the usual content of
http://rtmark.com/ is available on the site, though in a somewhat
different order that usual.

RTMark has previously donated websites to the George W. Bush presidential
campaign (archived at http://rtmark.com/bush.html) and, most recently, to
New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (http://yesrudy.com/). With this newest
donation, as with the earlier ones, RTMark hopes to help the beneficiary
clarify its efforts and aims, which on the original site (in this case,
http://www.wto.org/) are presented in a rather muddy fashion.

WTO Director Mike Moore expressed his respect for RTMark's intentions: "I
just hope they are as reasonable as we try to be and that we engage in an
intellectual, democratic way without any media terrorism." (Washington
Post, 2 November 1999) Charlene Barshefsky, U.S. Trade Representative to
the WTO, chimed in with an expression of hope: "The single greatest threat
to the multilateral trade system is the absence of public support."
(Financial Times, 11 October 1999)

http://rtmark.com/
Bringing IT to YOU.