porculus on Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:10:16 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Shifting the sensory balance: restoring sight at the age of 52

make me think about a so wellknown case of a man, a painter, who lost the
vision of the colors, or a kind of, brief a very rare effect which was so
studied cause it could explain a part of the process of the human vision
itself, i read so much things about this case (and i am sure you too,
espeacyally in psychiatrist rag) i wonder if it's not an urban legend,
anyway i was flabbergasted by a thing i read just one time, flabbergasted
i repeat cause first i know a french girl who is quite crazy about this
word 'flabbergast' (tell her from my part to mirabelle@angelic.com and ask
her what, according your opinion, would be this real effect it makes for
her, and check with her if it makes the same effect for you, help her,
help me cause i would leave my name in nettime archive as the world
charlatan who would found the world logos therapy) and second cause none
psychiatrist, if no mistaken, had commented on this so wonderfull effect
of his handicap : the guy said he couldn't see anymore naked bodies, the
skin look grey and odious, and now he has to switch off the light cause he
seems to him he 'makes love with rats'. flabbergasted isn'it ?