David S. Bennahum on Fri, 9 Apr 1999 01:30:30 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> NYT on Kosovo 12 years ago!

>    I found The New York Times article about Kosovo, written 12 years ago!
>    During SFRY, before Milosevic had any real power in Serbia!
>
>    VERY, VERY INTERESTING!

Agreed.

This is an excellent piece of journalism.  And with 12 years hindsight, it
seems even better today in its prescience.

Hard to imagine such good journalism coming from a propoganda organ of the
"Western media," that, according to various posts seen lately, can hardly
be credited with any independence or insight when it comes to reporting on
the NATO bombing of FRY.  It'll be depressing, and interesting, to see 12
years from now which of the past week's stories of mass-murder,
deportation, and village-burning turned out to be understated...

/d

---