Nichael Lynn Cramer on Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:59:27 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> [how to approach Y2K problems]

     [originally to another list]

 <...>
>Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K.  It
>was this kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first
>place.

I've taken what seems to me to be the only reasonable approach to the whole
boondoggle:  To rail incessantly about what nonsense it is, but only on the
internet.  If I'm right, I'm a prophet.  If I'm wrong, all evidence
conveniently disappears at the appropriate moment.

---