reclaim the streets on Sat, 2 Jan 1999 05:50:49 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> India/Internet/Privacy

>Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 23:29:36 GMT
>Sender: j18discussion@gn.apc.org
>From: "David G. West" <robinhd@loxinfo.co.th>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <j18discussion@gn.apc.org>
>Subject: India/Internet/Privacy
>
>Dear List,
>If this gets passed in India, and the American "battlespace" operation
>takes place, others are likely to follow suit, and we can wave bye-bye to
>the only tool we have to bring about any planetary improvement - the
>Internet. Maybe the Caravan from India to the June 18 gathering in Koln
>may have something to say?
>
>Kind Regards
>
>David
>
>"The ruling BJP in India announced details of the country's first
>Information Technology Act, to be introduced shortly; it sets up a
>government-appointed Central Authority Controller authorised to monitor
>and intercept all material coming through Internet providers; senders of
>encrypted messages will have to decode their mail for the government when
>asked -- or be sentenced to jail by a new, special court to be established
>under the controller; the government will fund special, dedicated telecoms
>lines for military and civilian intelligence bureaus to monitor electronic
>messages."

@@@@@@@@@@@@- RECLAIM THE STREETS -@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"the collapse of the global marketplace would be a traumatic event with
unimaginable consequences. Yet I find it easier to imagine than the
continuation of the present regime." George Soros

  Go here today: http://www.gn.apc.org/rts/

 THE RESISTANCE WILL BE AS TRANSNATIONAL AS CAPITAL

order your copy of Reclaim the Streets - the Film now -
 from:  rtsfilm@hotmail.com
---