Nicolas Scharnagl on Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:02:20 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> net.times, not swatch time

it's even worse than that: to blur that they stole the idea from
http://www.etoy.com/TIMEZONE (or was it the other way around ?) they claim
on http://www.swatch.com

'Swatch, victim of an armed robbery - Swatch, victim of a grey market
watch dealer'

But their perestroika of time will fail.... it's too late. generations of
programmers have made a living from the bugs our times produce. Our world
does not want to become simpler - it wants to be more complicated. Not
surprisingly their shares have underperformed

I would propose local solar time.... like saudi arabia used to have. It
could accelerate sales for GPS systems and you would know one thing more
precise than now: noon is at 12:00 and midnight at 0:00

Michael van Eeden wrote:

> it's even worse: there is a watch called Nettime!>
>   http://www.swatch.com/internettime/fs_nettime.phtml
<.......>
---