nettime's_digestive_system on Fri, 19 Jun 1998 01:49:27 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> 2 technoblather entries [Jennings, Stefanac (via Stering)]

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:53:07 -0400
From: gregg jennings <prozac@cape.com>
Subject: NETTIME TECHNOBLATHER WRITING CONTEST

We are surrounded by aesthetic technicians looking for appropriate
cultural forms which are less bandwidth-intensive, who forget the
broad international consensus of the center-left hegemony, and know
nothing of the characteristic form of articulation befitting the
circuits of international information exchange needed to deal with
the complex political-cultural articulations needed for society.

Lacking in computer-based art, consumer-product distribution avenues
exacerbate crepuscular cowboy blatheration from the crypto-fascist
left.

It is crystal clear that cultural and behavioral permissivity is the
cause of deterritorialization, dildonics and dominant order.

More and more people are wearing their drool cup as they follow the
factoid and not the facts, causing a fundamental phase shift of
global proportions as they head toward garbage lifestyles.

The global hegemony of neoliberalism and hegemonic dissolution is the
root of the ideological cyberspasm hurting the information-and-service
economy.

The information-processing technologies of the few, killing the
information debilitated third-world economies, based, for the most
part, on information enriched mental plutonium, is bringing about a
state of the intellectually insane.

There need be an intermediate stratum.

Islamic fundamentalism based upon local specificities revolving around
moments of rearticulation will stop the threat of multi-theater
warfare by multinational corporations, spread by neo-fascist right
network-based discussions of the new transnational military-economic
order.

We will all be nothing but penguin dust, stuck in pre-industrial living
conditions under raw domination of resource-extraction by rich
information managers. We will be stuck in structural unemployment,
remaining in subaltern classes, subjegated to the technoid, unless we
conform to technorealistic-monotheism and a transnational civil society
based upon a worldmind.

Zapatista international shall be the name of our new world order.

--
gregg jennings
(i saw the contest mentioned on Poltech)