Dr. Future on Thu, 28 May 1998 02:27:35 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> Nettime Rules

My Dear Friends,

without doubt the most important tool I possess for Nettime critique is
my old school ruler. After loading a new nettime mailing into my reader
the first thing I do is to put my ruler onto the glass screen and
measure the length of the grey text scrolling bar on the far right of
the window.

1. If it measures over 1/2 inch long (that's 1.25cm for our foreign
friends) then I immediately commence reading.

2. If it is over 1/2 inch then I check the clock for the possible
approach of bed time.

3. If it is under 1/4 inch then I close my eyes and gently nudge the
'Delete' key.

What are other reader's favourite Nettime tools?
---