Kevin Murray on Sat, 7 Mar 1998 08:14:11 +0100 (MET)

<nettime> Re: Serbian 'concern'

Friday in Melbourne, the major newspaper of record The Age did not have
one line on the Kosovo conflict. With reports of Yugoslav police denying
access to journalists (even throwing one out of a second-story building),
the lack of coverage by mainstream media is disturbing.

While there is a strong electronic network of diaspora Albanians (see
bit.listerv.albanian), it is unlikely that the Kosovars have the capacity
to relay images and reports through Internet media. For this reason, a
list like nettime seems to have an important role to play in encouraging a
wider dissemination of information.

Kevin Murray
http://www.kitezh.com
Forecast for Melbourne Issued at 1050 on Saturday the 7th of March 1998
Fine.  A partly cloudy day with moderate to occasionally fresh southerly
wind.
Max 21

---