Ryan Shaw on Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:07:59 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> Please Circulate Widely - A Proposed NAZI Usenet Group (fwd)

[note:  the following quoted material was forwarded to the list by Peter
Dobrilla]:

[..]

all speech and communication should be allowed, especially when it involves
groups such as the neo-nazi's.  their thoughts, their views, their feelings
should be brought out into the open to encourage discussion and debate.
voting down the request for the newsgroup and/or further sending such
groups `underground' only serves to eliminate challenges to their belief
systems and the potential for discourse.

rjs

----
ryan j. shaw	email:  ryans@rio.com
	                      web:  http://www.rio.com/~ryans/