ed phillips on Thu, 12 Jun 1997 03:09:18 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> Heiddegger vs. Adorno

Just a quick note for Mark,

Thanks for offering your view. I just want to add that Adorno's "Jargon
of Authenticity" is an attack on Heidegger and Heideggerianism, a
precursor to more recent criticisms of Heidegger.

Adorno is no icon. He is useful. May we read him, among others, closely
and then go beyond. Canons are not for "gift economy" sholarship.
Dialogue is.

Please continue.
---