MediaFilter on Fri, 17 Jan 97 20:54 MET

nettime: news

Hello Rop,

I read your interview and I will answer it shortly.
Apparently you have much outdated information and many
misconceptions which I will make clear in my reply.

Meanwhile, you may be interested to know that
name.space and alternic have agreed on the principle of
shared top level namespace and will cooperate on implementing
this as independent, friendly competitiors.

The agreement between name.space and alternic is an historic
event marking the turning point in the expansion of the internet
namespace by entities outside of the existing bureaucracy.

With the upgrading of the name.space network connectivity
happening over the next several weeks, combined with the already
excellent resources in use by the alternic affiliates, the
total performance of nameservice on the net will increase
dramatically as the total bandwidth, server resources and
geographic presence of the new independent rootservers
completely overshadows that of the current root-server.net.

Looking forward to your reply and to your participation
in the evolution of the indepedent and free internet.

Best regards,

Paul Garrin