carolyn@isys.hu (Carolyn Smith) (by way of Pit Schultz ) on Thu, 29 Aug 96 22:22 METDST

nettime: press release from Nation and Pictorial Heroes in Glasgow, UK

BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE

ENTER IF YOU DARE!

A proposal for a series of late night interventions on Channel 4 Television.

Nation and Pictorial Heroes, two of the UK's leading experimental production
companies, have joined forces to produce Blurzone for Channel 4 TV.

We are open to everything.

Blurzone will  put hard-core, underground films on to late night
television. We will force your work into the living rooms of millions of
people. We will push the boundaries of acceptable television. We want to
show our humanity as it really is not as morality dictates.

This programme will seriously effect the way people think!!

We want film makers to submit films for viewing. We are looking for work
which pushes the boundaries of film making. All disciplines will be
considered from cartoon to computer,  from fiction to fact. Something to
shock, something to make you laugh, something to disgust, something tender,
something true, something false. All work will be considered irrespective
of when it was made. All formats are eligible-  CD Roms, QT movies,
Web-sites, VHS copies of all film/video standards.

If you are interested send us your work plus a resume of no more than 50
words. All material should be clearly credited with the name and address of
maker or distributor.

Our deadline for submissions is very tight and we require material by 24th
September 1996. This deadline is non-negotiable. All material will be
returned.

We look forward to your participation and please pass this on to anyone who
you think would be interested.

LOOKING FOR THE EXTREME

Pictorial Heroes        nation

For further information contact Pictorial Heroes at +44 141 550 0875
(tel/fax), Email Heroes@cqm.co.uk or nation at nation@cqm.co.uk

BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE BLURZONE