Geert Lovink (by way of Pit Schultz <pit@is.in-berlin.de>) on Wed, 3 Jan 96 14:00 MET

ZKP pre 1.9

                                       Z K P
                                ZK Proceedings 1995
                                  >net criticism<
                           the Next Five Minutes edition
                    * a book in progress - copied on demand *
                       http://www.is.in-berlin.de/~pit/ZKP/
                                 720 K floppy disk
                               what happend as far...

                       :) enhanced dead line : 6 jan 96 :)

Short note: this book will be not a 'real book', before it's end version it will
change a lot. and during this phase it's the most interesting for all who join
it. It's also not a zine, it's not only academic, nor artsy, nor techie, nor
just activist. Maybe a bit too massive or marginal for some. But this is a good
risk to take. we haven't selected in a traditional way - the textes came along,
and everyone should be aware of his own possibilities to effect this collective
process, model a field of imaginations and transform it to practise. again, we
need even more textes - or you will be part of a later issue... so hang on to
your keyboard, and watch out: it's a little bit different every moment.

  from                     title                                      K

**intro

  editors                  Colophon
  VNSMATRIX               'manifesto.gif'                             30
  MATRIX.COM              'netweather.europe.gif'                     70
  ELEKTRO                 'various.sponsors.gif'                    ~100
  Heath Bunting           'logo.gif'                                   4
  cloud commission        'cloud0-6.jpg'                            ~150

**Manifestos

  Morgan Garwood          pit stop                                     5
  Misera Media            six points plan                             6T
  Volker Grassmuck        xs4all.faq                                  22*
  Interfiction            'cyberrights updated'                      ???
  Jagdish Parikh          Delhi Symposium Declaration                  7
  Jack Jansen             Why not Netscape?                            4
  Lovink/Schultz          Grundrisse einer Netzkritik                 20

**Action

  Tommaso Tozzi           text from Strano Network                    16
  ZAMIR                   peace networks in the war zones             75!!
  decoder                 seizing the times                           16
  mediafilter             ?                                           ??
  Andreas Broekmann,V2   'Tactical Media txt'                        ~10
  Andy Mueller-Maguhn/CCC thoughts on the information society         12

  Heath                   ?                                           ???
  east edge               ?                                           ???

**R-views

  Bruce Sterling          'a brief history of the internet'           23*
  Tetsuo Kogawa           'toward polymorphous radio'                 29
  anonymous               'the story of Mel, a Real Programmer'       11

**Intermissions

  Matthew Fuller          several shorts                               7
  Morgan Garwood          on scenario planning                         5
  David d' Heilly         notes from the japan underground           ???
  TechNet                 the intensifyer                              2
  Mark Tribe              junk e-mail                                  ?
  Heath Bunting           picking up nettime                           ?
  magitech.com            'The Alphabet of desire'                     3
  Daniel A. Foss          mbox: information pollution & blowback      10
  Kit Blake               'global'                                    13
  Howard Rheingold        Technology criticism, ethics and you         6*
  CAE                     Body Count 6 parts performance              13*

**Essays/Statements

  Matthew Fuller          SPEW -excess and moderation on the networks  18
  Critical Art Ensemble   Adresse to i3: Utopian Promises, net Real.   29
  Timothey Druckrey       ??                                           ??
  Mark Chapman            The hippy cull                                6
  Heiko Idensen           From hypertext utopias to coop. net-project  22
  Doro Frank              style as immune system                       10
  Konrad Becker           e*scapism                                     7
  Hans-Christian Dany     Shizos still wanna have fun                  19
  Ted Byfield             'art 'r' us'                                 21
  Mark Dery               Slashing the Borg: Resistance is fertile     20
  A+M Kroker             'Virtual Class'                                ?
  Robert Adrian X         Infobahn Blues                               18
  Phoebe Sengers         'On Instituionalisation'                     ~20
  Jordan Crandall         ?                                             ?
  Verena Kuni             ?                                             ?
  Charlie Bertsch         Wired?                                       22*
  Bob Black               Technophilia, an infantile Disorder          28
  Klaus Schoenberger      ?                                           ???
  Alluquere Rosetta Stone ?                                           ???
  Sabeth Buchmann         ?                                           ???
  Kathy Rae Hoffman       Cyberintimacy                               ~25

**Compilations

  Vuk Cosic               Very Cyber Indeed                            ??
  ???                     Cultural Studies of The Net Quote Remix     ???

**lectures/interviews/talks

  Richard Barbrook,
  Andy Cameron            The Californian Ideology                     60!!
  Peter Lamborn Wilson   'net religion'                                ??*
  F.Kittler, P.Virilio    the information bomb                          T*
  Deleuze/Guattari       'on capitalism: a very special delirium'     ???*
  Fuller/Plant            Intelligence is No Longer on the Side        26*
                          of Power

**Bibliography

  nettimers delight       top 100 of critical cyberology paperware    ???

*       with permission by AltX, Arte, Ctheory, Bad Subjects, Interface3, Meta-
        forumII, nettime, semiotexte, t0 public netbase, a.o. resp. the
authors
T       in translation
?       degree of uncertainity/future release

PLEASE REPORT BUGS                                                pit@contrib.de
                                                                 geert@xs4all.nl