JSalloum on Thu, 9 Nov 95 07:33 MET

Terror show

This is a notice from Molly Hankwitz I'm passing on, feel free to do the
same.  Molly is an interesting critic/artist in San Franciso doing a lot of
community based projects and publications. This is the first posting I've
made but will make more shortly regarding a project I'm doing on 'resistance
and revolution', I was waiting until I was off the dreaded AOL but I've been
having major tech problems with the Thing's BBS.  I have an old Outbound
Notebook  ( a Mac clone with Mac Plus guts) and no one can figure out what
browser will work with it.  Anyone know any Outbound computer users around,
the company is shut-down?

In any case, my intro is this, I'm a media artist based in NYC, working
primarily on cross-cultural and inter-disciplinary issues in all media,
recently I've done a number of projects on the Middle East after working in
Lebanon for a year.  Last June I did an installation at the Kunstlerhaus
Bethanien, Berlin, sponsored by Botschaft e.V. and mounted in Pit's studio.
 There is a home page with photos and info on this at the Internationale
Stadt website, I think at;
http://www.is.in-berlin.de/~mfz/bb.html

I'm working on a book project and curating a number of shows on issues
involving the relationship(s) between the 'west' and the 'middle east',
(refiguring the 'Orient'/re-imaginging the Middle East etc), so if anyone is
working in these areas please contact me.
Sincerely,
Jayce S.

CALL FOR TAPES
WORKS IN PROGRESS WELCOME
DOCUMENTARY/COMPUTER INSTALLATION/PERFORMANCE WORKS
READY-MADE easily shippable VISUAL ART
FOR EXHIBITION ON
"AMERICAN TERROR"
Forthcoming at ARTISTS'TELEVISION ACCESS in SF

1/2 INCH VHS OF ANY LENGTH ESP. SHORTS + SHORT FILMS OKAY!
WITH SASE FOR RETURN OF MATERIALS
+ ARTISTS' STATEMENT
New Yorkers! We are looking for video documentation of
THE WORLD TRADE CENTER BOMBINGS,THE OKLAHOMA DISASTER, DOMESTIC TERROR,TERROR
IN MODERN LIFE in short the culture of terror --anything about intimidation
--analysis of terror in American TV media
--cartoons + childrens' religious media
--urban + ecological destruction
 HUMOROUS AND CRITICAL WORKS Please!
  PERFORMANCE WORKS/DOCUMENTARY/VISUAL ART/SOUNDWORKS/NEWS
DEADLINE: DEC.1 (NO EXCEPTIONS)
*
Please send tapes, shorts w/ press still if poss,statement + SASE to:
Att: Molly Hankwitz c/o
ARTISTS' TELEVISION ACCESS
992 Valencia
San Francisco CA 94110

For more information call: 415 621-4044/
e-mail mhankwitz@aol.com