Chris Fremantle via nettime-l on Sat, 1 Jun 2024 17:17:17 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Parallel Lives: ten political instructions for artists and writers when democracy is in crisis

Hi Max
I'm mostly a lurker but can you offer more specific readings/links in
relation to Whitehead?
In writing a book on the work of Helen and Newton Harrison, in particular
how their early works, through to in particular The Lagoon Cycle, the
conceived of the challenge as how to participate in the discourse of the
universe. Anne Douglas, my colleague and lead author, imagined the exercise
in terms of 'thinking with' after Stengers, and this led us to Whitehead...
The book is out in Sept, but the attempt to understand Whitehead and his
influence continues... Your allusions are intriguing...
Chris

Chris Fremantle
chris@fremantle.org
+44 (0)7714203016
http://chris.fremantle.org
http://ecoartscotland.net

Ecoart in Action: Activities, Case Studies and Provocations for Classroom
and Community
Geffen, A., Rosenthal, A., Fremantle, C., and Rahmani, A. (eds)

https://nyupress.org/9781613321461/ecoart-in-action/