Brian Holmes on Mon, 16 May 2022 08:26:22 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> "graphic turn" exhibition

Andre, what great news!

An earlier exhibition by your network (which everyone just calls "the Red", ha ha, how perfect in English) came under the title Perder la forma humana (To Lose Human Form). It was an astonishing exhibition, which depended on recreating many works from archival traces, and which revealed how the formation of subcultures (sexual especially) took place in Latin America in the Eighties, often during the gradual decline of dictatorships. That was a great show, and anyone who's curious can find a catalog pdf out there somewhere I reckon.

What is the undercurrent of this new exhibition? I mean, what did you discover?

I managed to catch Perder la forma humana in Buenos Aires, what luck. Will this one travel? BA again maybe? Somewhere in US?

All the best, Brian