David Garcia on Tue, 15 Mar 2022 12:45:50 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> A new avant-garde of Public Truth

Discussions querying the authenticity of the FSB dissident source do actually matter. And comes back to Brian Holmes intervention on the 26th of Feb in which he

argued that we should celebrate the fact that in the run up to the war instead of trying to strategically manage the truth, the US and Britain instead “basically made their intelligence

public as it came in. And the intelligence was spot on. What a weird feeling: trustable intelligence. Compare what happened before the Iraq War. It's nowhere near the same circumstances, but still,

positive.”

Brian concluded with the rallying cry: “Truth is a culture, but an almost dead one. I think it could be the basis of a new avant-garde.”

So taking Brian’s position on board I do think that caring about the authenticity of the FSB document matters on many many levels that go beyond Ted’s suggestion that authentic sources are as trivial

as “asking about its provenance, as if it were an artwork or last will and testament.” Particularly given the reports of recent arrests of Sergey Beseda head of Foreign intelligence and Anatoly Belyukh,

his deputy.. all of which suggests that the search for scapegoats has already begun.