mp on Wed, 27 Jan 2021 17:56:18 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Leaders of the Capitol insurrection

On 23/01/2021 21:56, Brian Holmes wrote:
> How did a chaotic, unprepared crowd get through police barriers to
> invade the Capitol? It turns out they were led by determined ex-military
> "Oath Keepers" (an ad hoc militia). By their own count they were "30-40"
> (unconfirmed number). We all saw  them on the videos, dressed in
> tactical gear, pushing at the front lines, communicating with
> walkie-talkies, and inciting the crowd to enter and perform "citizens'
> arrests." Now it is clear that they acted in concert on the basis of
> plans made in the days preceding the event.

"...Enrique Tarrio, the leader of the Proud Boys extremist group, has a
past as an informer for federal and local law enforcement, repeatedly
working undercover for investigators after he was arrested in 2012,
according to a former prosecutor and a transcript of a 2014 federal
court proceeding obtained by Reuters...".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/27/proud-boys-leader-enrique-tarrio-fbi-informant

"...Law enforcement officials and the court transcript contradict
Tarrio’s denial. In a statement to Reuters, the former federal
prosecutor in Tarrio’s case, Vanessa Singh Johannes, confirmed that “he
cooperated with local and federal law enforcement, to aid in the
prosecution of those running other, separate criminal enterprises,
ranging from running marijuana grow houses in Miami to operating
pharmaceutical fraud schemes.”

Tarrio, 36, is a high-profile figure who organizes and leads the
rightwing Proud Boys in their confrontations with those they believe to
be antifa, short for “anti-fascism”, an amorphous and often violent
leftist movement. The Proud Boys were involved in the deadly
insurrection at the Capitol on 6 January....".

FBI had an agent provocateur embedded, leading the line. Sounds familiar.

..
..
.