David Garcia on Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:15:58 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> notes from Brexania in limbo...

Thanks Keith for fleshing out the wider political context for our “little local difficulty” that sprang from Cameron’s reckless gamble
that had everything to do with the Tory party and resulted in a deep national psychosis. Sorry if this sounds like histrionics
but its how it feels.

I want to pass on to nettimes an even broader perspective a powerful article that Brian Holmes was kind enough to share (hope thats ok Brian) a brilliant and utterly
corruscating essay published in the NY Times by Pankaj Mishra a writer and polemicist from India who situates the crisis in English post-colonal delusion
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/sunday/brexit-ireland-empire.html

Best

David