Jaromil on Fri, 7 Dec 2018 10:57:55 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> "THERE IS NO PEACE WITHOUT DIGITAL PEACE"

small updated from the showbiz-infiltration-dept :^)

I was on a televised panel hosted at EU Parliament about cyber
security, wearing the artist hat argumenting why art and humanities
are very important for the subject. Here is the 20" video on YT:

https://youtu.be/EmkVHuyl0d0

(aired y'day at ICT28 and on the STARTS digital single market channel)

I'm happy to know about anyone else interested in breaking down the
wall of funding to the military-industrial complex using... art?

ciao

p.s. yes, I count in m$ as most other big-tech companies as mil-ind

> >    digitalpeace.mircosoft.com
>
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, Geert Lovink wrote:
>
> >    Dear nettimers, any comments on this? I find this pretty
> >    stunning. OK, 100 years after World War I, that’s pretty
> >    significant. "Make love, not war." Today there's conference in
> >    Paris. I am an anti-militarist, I am not on the side of the
> >    corporate-governmental (cyber)warfare promotors. But in general I
> >    am not against non-violent conflict. Should we demand digital
> >    conflict? Or digital ‘struggle'?

[..]