Nina Temporär on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:16:18 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Athens: Plato’s Academy and its neighborhood are at risk!

Hi all,

Felix, allthough I generally agree with you in both points,
„Even" I as a woman think that the suspicion about a gender-related motivation was a
Bit of a poor stunt. (Men mostly use this as an argument when trying to discredit
Other men whose opinions they don’t share or whose territories they wish to annex.)

But not even the question around violence as a valid means of resistance seems to be the
Crucial point here.

Much more worrysome to me is the fact that someone does actually believe he can gain
Credits on nettime mailing list, by calling for a fully analogue kind of protest.

So I need to ask:
Are the tendencies in these group so clear-cut anti-internet meanwhile that all hope is lost?
Is everyone so stuck in the shock about the lack of fulfilment of their dreams from the 90s that
they’ve given up and succumbed to a pessimism which  - instead of looking for new options -
Is mostly consisting of reactive analyses to acts of (simply spoken) those in charge and having
Professionalized their expertise in the field for the education market?

Seriously wondering,
Hints welcome.

Best N.