John Haltiwanger on Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:03:54 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> In the eye of the Cambridge Analytica storm

That implies that we do not have any legal standing to launch a lawsuit over a delete button that does nothing of the sort.

It's also a tool whose existence does not preclude deleting the account. I've designed it around my own use case, however: leaving FB as a social network (quite visibly so, I might add -- more visibly so than a simple deletion) while still remaining discoverable through it.