Morlock Elloi on Mon, 5 Mar 2018 20:11:10 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Oliver Leistert: "Blockcian as a Modulator of Existence"

In "Borat", there was a scene where a guy wanted to make sure that the car he is interested in is a "*ussy magnet".

Blockchain is * magnet, in the sense that it attracts everything, especially *topian discourses. The way out (if one indeed is looking for a way out,) is to look at the boring details, and those have been discussed on this list ad nauseam.

This is not to say that being just a magnet it does not influence the world. But this influence needs to be dissected under memetics-like optic, not technical one. On the technical side, there is little relevant, if anything.

(ps. '*' in regular expressions matches anything, including nothing)

-

this list, I suddenly stumbled on the first text that made sense of it,
to me at last. Unfortunately, it paints a very dystopian picture of the
possibilities of the blockchain.