Callum Copley on Fri, 2 Mar 2018 16:55:15 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> 1994, Visions Of Heaven and Hell

Hi all, first replying via nettime, hope this works.

I too have found some of his thinking very interesting at times but upon learning the extent of his political views I refuse to engage with his work

See below:

"Nick Land advocates for racially based absolutist micro-states, where unregulated capitalism combines with genetic separation between global elites and the ‘refuse’ (his term) of the rest. It’s a eugenic philosophy of ‘hyper-racism’, as he describes it on the racist blog Alternative Right, or ‘Human Biodiversity’ (HBD). Here, class dominance and inequality are mapped onto, explained, and justified by tendencies for the elite to mate with each other and spawn a new species with an expanding IQ. Yes, this ‘hyper-racism’ is that daft – and would be laughed off as the fantasy of a neoliberal Dr Strangelove if it didn’t have leverage in this miserable climate of the ascendant far right. Regarding the other side, the domain of the ‘refuse’, Land uses euphemism to stand in for the white nationalist notion of a coming ‘white genocide’: ‘demographic engineering as an explicit policy objective’, ‘steady progress of population replacement’, is the racial threat he describes on the bleak webpages of The Daily Caller. "

https://conversations.e-flux.com/t/why-is-nick-land-still-embraced-by-segments-of-the-british-art-and-theory-scenes/6329

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Nina Temporär <nina-temp@gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 02.03.2018 um 16:03 schrieb Richard Barbrook <richard@imaginaryfutures.net>:
>

> We did warn you that Deleuze and Guattari were the class enemy!
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

Whoa, bold one-line-claims thrown into the silence of a snowy Friday afternoon!  Nice attitude :) But….

It’s no big deal to know how Foucault kickstarted postmodern Left-Nietzscheanism, and that Gudrun Ensslin initially run a little Nazi publishing house.

But could you elaborate on this one please?
(And don’t tell me you believe in 'the other side of reason' = anti-intellectualism = right-wing. That formula is so uninformed and ableist…
I want to hear better arguments.)

Cheers N