Ian Alan Paul on Sat, 10 Feb 2018 02:10:55 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Digital Arts MFA at Stony Brook University

For those interested in studying digital media in a fine arts context, please consider applying to the MFA at SUNY Stony Brook (funding is available for top applicants). Feel free to reach out to me personally if you have any questions about the program.

Apply Now to the MFA Program at Stony Brook University

The Master of Fine Arts at the State University at Stony Brook is a flexible 60-credit three year terminal degree program combining studio practice and critical inquiry. Ideally located halfway between the art centers of New York City and the Hamptons, Stony Brook offers a unique opportunity to study in a quiet and spacious setting while maintaining close contact with the pulse of New York City's creative, political, and intellectual milieu. Our M.F.A. program limits its residencies to no more than 20 students, and our graduate studios are large, private, individual spaces, set in the beautiful natural surroundings of Long Island. The M.F.A. in Studio Art combines critically-informed studio practice with interdisciplinary coursework in art history and theory, and tuition costs are competitively affordable compared with private universities. Our proximity to New York City offers extensive opportunities for research, collaboration, and professional networking at world-class museums, galleries, and institutions.

Applications to the program are accepted until March 1, 2018. Visit http://art.stonybrook.edu/graduate/g-ars/ for more information concerning the program and application process.