Joseph Rabie on Sat, 9 Dec 2017 12:31:57 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Locating ArtScience

Le 8 déc. 2017 à 18:57, Brian Holmes <bhcontinentaldrift@gmail.com> a écrit :

Similarly, the notion of "fundamental research," outside applications and consequences, has become fallacious. For example, I believe fundamental research into the constitution of twenty-first century authoritarian racist capitalism is now going on in the US White House and in the vast actor-network of which it is a part. This is highly consequential research into the denial of the present.

(Briefly)

Thank you for this, Brian,

I have been thinking of this, insofar as Trump's declaring Jerusalem capital of Israel is the symbolic act which consecrates authoritarian racist capitalism as the up and coming political ideology.

In the old days we called this Apartheid (I grew up there), which was all about domination based upon deprival. I do not believe that they are "in the denial of the present". They are preparing for a future of limited ressources of which they intend to be the sole masters .

Best -
Joe.