Johnatan Petterson on Sat, 14 Oct 2017 15:44:37 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Constitutioanl radicalism

hello Eric.
why not to call 'design' subversive input and outright denying of anything, or rather B.Latour would say, 'visualize' them. by design or by art-techno-science and advanced capitalism? i ask because these last three categories
do not make sense, they are not detailed to a symbolic meaning in my scope. they have a too broad range of signification, and so i cannot re-copy-paste them in the current understanding of this list' conversation. could you fragment these three words and stabilize around new categories, should you what would you advance. (to help you to better understand my non-understanding: i don't know at what point an artwork ceases to pertain to 'infinite horizon' (if the latter concept meant -any-thing) and becomes some designing, past a finite boundary? give some examples please! same with techno-science,, and 'advanced capitalism': how do you distinguish phases of capitalism, according to what schemes? (historical, paradigmatics, geographical, cultural, biological?? etc.) thanks)-

john.

In Latour’s terms - though I would not insist on them in any way - this would be part of the process of composing the good common world (of humans and nonhumans - the ‘collective’), and yes Gaia does provide us with a perimeter for that, which includes all political factions (even those in outright denial) - this is a perimeter, which is to say a final boundary to which we are drawing ever closer, and not an infinite horizon which recedes as we move forward. The end of infinity (of art, techno-science, and advanced capitalism) is a new condition to which all of these factions have to answer in one way or another.

bests,
Eric

———————