Aliette GC on Tue, 3 Oct 2017 06:57:06 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Barcelona: nationalism, municipalism?

Cheers to Catalunya! Hello friends, before any expecting concept please leave me remind the singular cloud in which the history of Catalunya sits. The one of self organization since a while. They think their country like a large and multiple soviets, bakouninists + kroprotkinists, a topos better than a country for dancing on the borders inside/outside and make masterpieces. They are hard workers and free humans thinking visionnary. But they were too the Durruti column. Even if we cannot state what happens to and from them nowaday that will play sense.
Plus this: First They were not in a secession protocol but a retrocession of their autonomous status as a nation confederated with Spain they had recovered in 1978 as a reparation for their martyr and their confiscated autonomy by Franco, of which the last Aznar government thanks to the Rajoy pressure and the PP pressure had deprived them in 2008 (like Franco did it far long before). Wait and see and then we'll know more about us all.
All is experimented in Catalunya. It is a peaceful laboratory. Country is not nationalism for them but their singular and exclusive work tool available to experiment. They need it but they need to have freedom so that they can create what they (and we) better appreciate. I trust them.
Sorry for my english version. A/L

On 2 October 2017 at 09:58, Patrice Riemens <patrice@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 2017-10-02 09:22, Felix Stalder wrote:
Like many, I watched incredulously as Spanish police beat up Catalan
voters yesterday and I kept wondering what this rising tension does to
the project of rebel municipalism. Is it being squeezed between the
nationalisms? Or can thrive within it? What's happening.

Felix

If things play out as they should, and as we (most of us) wish, then to-day is the first day of regional sovereignty as 'new normal' of the European Union, and the last day of 'normal life' for the European nation states.

Cheers to Catalunya!
p+2D!

#  distributed via <nettime>: no commercial use without permission
#  <nettime>  is a moderated mailing list for net criticism,
#  collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets
#  more info: http://mx.kein.org/mailman/listinfo/nettime-l
#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nettime@kein.org
#  @nettime_bot tweets mail w/ sender unless #ANON is in Subject:

--