Patrice Riemens on Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:49:12 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Who said the US is boring?

"We can do better"

But we won't.

OK, some of us will - and will have to. But chance is it's
unsustainable. That is, if we descend into the kind of scenario
predicted within a total Trumpian meltdown. Yet we don't need to.

It is indeed likely that the US of A will get into some seriously choppy
waters within a very foreseable future. But the alt.right, the racists,
the white suprematists and assorted militia won't win, they will meet
their nemesis instead. Ghetto uprisings have been alluded to. Given the
number of non-whites, including Latinos, and including non/anti-racist
whites, it will swan song time for the idiots. It is anyway swan song
time for the 'sceptered race' - just look around you (and learn
Chinese!). So if you are a true cynic, you are enjoying the perspective
of very interesting times indeed by now.

Meanwhile, in the old world, better head by the words of 'Mutti':
prepare to do without them, and that also includes the Disunited
Kingdom. 'We' will make it - but then it will be time for the final
reckoning, to face all the non-spectacle, but far more tricky sangam
(confluence) of crises that faces us. Good Luck to all!

Cheers from the beach!
(Malinska, Krk island, .hr)
p+2D!