Patrice Riemens on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 06:58:48 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Grenfell Britain by Potent Whisper

Watch and cry ...
Watch and rage ...
Watch and do act!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGSK4NCwwVU

Grenfell explainer & call to action by Potent Whisper _ Brixton activist & rhymer

Bwo Alexandra Pixley, with thanks.

From the Burgundy Blog:

Grenfell Tower – Incendiary Opinion
Posted on Wednesday 5 July 2017 by Rob Godfrey

http://www.spiderbomb.com/blog/?p=4130 (for links & pics)

The Monbat published a good piece in today’s Guardian, in which he reveals some of the corruption and immorality that’s at the core of the Grenfell Tower tragedy:

A public inquiry where the government chooses charges, judge and jury puts the bonfire of regulations outside the frame. An independent commission is needed

Gatekeeper George seems to be gaining a conscience, as does the CIAdian, although methinks they are just trying to assuage public opinion about the Grenfell Tower tragedy, public opinion that could explode at any moment, because the tragedy embodies everything that’s wrong and rotten about neo-conservatism and 21st century Britain. The anger on the streets has been nicely summed-up by a young rapper called ‘Potent Whisper’ (aka Georgie Stephanou) with a piece called Grenfell Britain…

If you want to drill down deeper into what actually happened at Grenfell Tower, and how many people are dead, and the corruption, etc, I can highly recommend last weekend’s Sunday Wire podcast. The original podcast is three hours long, and the Grenfell Tower stuff is interspersed with long segments about what’s going on in the Middle East, so I’ve edited it into a shorter piece entirely about Grenfell Tower. As if the editing wasn’t enough, I’ve had mega problems uploading this and making it available on various video sharing sites; but I’ll get into all that another time…

The original three hour long Sunday Wire podcast can be found here (the segments about the Middle East are also well worth a listen).

http://justice4grenfell.org/